Friday, April 18, 2008

Earthquake?

So, apparently some people felt the earth shake here in Cincinnati earlier this morning. I slept completely through it and I am actually disappointed by it. I know I am weird. At times, I have thought it would be cool to go through an earthquake that doesn't do any damage to property just to experience it.

On the bike, I got forced to take an extra rest week when I developed a cold after the Vandervort's Corner race two Sunday's ago. With it raining last Sunday, I opted to skip racing and concentrate on getting over my cold to be able to concentrate on training this week. This week, I began my shorter intervals to make the final process of getting ready for the hard racing of the summer. Today, I was so happy to get out mountain biking for the first time in over a month. I went to England-Idlewild for around 3.5 hours of riding time. My back took a beating over the 3.5 hours, but on the upside I am noticing an improvement on my technical skills. This Sunday, I will be headed to Gettysburg, OH for a race.

For school, I have only 53 days till I take my last exam of my undergrad degree. No, I am not counting down. I am looking forward to finishing with times I don't look forward to finishing. The days I don't look forward to finishing are days like today. Its really nice out, I don't have many classes, and I get enjoy the nice weather (I bet I am making some of you jealous). Next week is the first round of mid-terms hopefully they go well, especially the Electronics II mid-term.

Lastly, I have missed being on campus in the spring over the last 3 years because of co-op.

Ciao

No comments: