Monday, June 16, 2008

Weekend

On Thursday, I went back up to St. Marys for the next few days. That evening I rode over to Minster to ride with the group over that meets at the church. It was good to ride with them, again. The only problem for me was the fact I had a hard race the night before at Ault Park and the sleep deprivation I had gone through the last month and a half.

Since I didn't walk for graduation, my mom decided to throw a graduation party. It was nice to see everyone. My mom surprised me by inviting the guys I used to ride with in Minster. It was a nice surprise and it was nice to see everyone before I fly over to Belgium.

Saturday, instead of walking for graduation, I went to my cousin's wedding. Congrats to her and her new husband.

Sunday, I raced my third mountain bike race. I don't have the technical skills needed to ride well in the sport class. I had a good start but faded after a few crashes. Eventually I got feed up with the race and felt like giving my bike a toss. So, I figured it was good idea to quite.

Today, I am helping with the RAAM time station in Hamilton, OH. It has been an interesting experience. Its been great seeing the riders. More interesting is the people who randomly checking out the race from curiosity.

No comments: